Gwinnett ARES Communications Trailer Equipment and Features
- Horton 8’ x 16’ V-Nose trailer with dual axles and electric brakes
- Roof mounted HVAC and vent units
- Side entry door to operating areas and dual rear doors for equipment storage area
- Configured for main operating area, rear equipment storage and front management, meeting area
- Honda 3000W Inverter generator that will run all radios, lights, battery chargers and cooling/heating systems (additional 3000 and 6500 watt generators available).
- 100 Ah 12 VDC battery system (to be expanded to 300 Ah)
- Three bank multiprocessor-based battery charging system
- 12VDC power distribution system supplying power to all radio, network and LED lighting systems
- Yaesu FT-450R 160m-6m 100W HF Transceiver with LDG YT-100 Tuner
- Kenwood TS-2000 160m-70cm 100W HF/VHF/UHF Transceiver with built-in Tuner
- Icom ID-5100 VHF/UHF Analog/D-Star Transceiver
- Icom IC-2820 VHF/UHF Analog/D-Star Transceiver
- Yaesu FTM-400DR VHF/UHF/System Fusion Transceiver
- Motorola XPR-4550 UHF DMR Transceiver
- Yaesu FT-8800 VHF/UHF Analog Transceiver
- Icom ID-1 1.2Ghz Transceiver with High Speed Data
- Kenwood D710 VHF/UHF Analog Transceiver with APRS
- Kantronics KPC-3+ TNC
- Linksys Router configured as a hotspot
- Linksys Router configured as a client to connect to a hotspot.
- Dual SignaLink USB soundcard interfaces for digital modes
- Dual Dell Windows 7 computers with LCD displays configured with software to access Winlink nodes, FLDIGI stations , D-RATS and packet BBSs.
- Roof grid system featuring three VHF/UHF, 6 meter, 1.2 GHz, 900 MHz antennas with spare antenna positions
- Antenna patch panel for flexible configuration
- Expandable stacking mast system for HF and vertical antennas to 30’ height
- Sectional Dipole for HF
- HF Transceivers are used for contacting stations for local, statewide, national and international using an NVIS antenna
- VHF/UHF transceivers are used for accessing local repeaters or contacting stations over simplex. They can be used with the KPC-3+ to access the Gwinnett digipeater network, Winlink RMS nodes and the Gwinnett ARES packet BBS
- The ID-1 would be used to connect to the internet through a D-Star gateway using the high speed data mode or to connect point-to-point with another ID-1.
- An Ethernet, telephone and video network runs throughout the vehicle with ports accessible on the outside for additional equipment or connection to other networks.